Sunday, September 18, 2011

Preparation

I take off for my open ended trip in 10 days and needless to say, I have a lot to do. Oddly, I enjoy packing and organizing, so for me this is no chore. Don't get me wrong though, it's difficult to decide what to pack when going long term and to a wide range of climates, both rural and urban. Jeans? Winter coat? Bathing suit? Modest clothes? Going out clothes? 

Yesterday, I went through my closet and got rid of four bags of clothes to Buffalo Exchange and a thrift store. It was a definite wake-up call to ease up on F21 shoddy clothes. What a waste. Sure they're fun for the occasional trend, but really, these clothes fall apart after a few weeks of wear. I'm down to two large suitcases of clothes to my name. Obviously, this all won't come with me traveling, most I'll leave at my mom's. There's just something so satisfying about not being too tied down by belongings. 

Other than packing up my apartment and selling furniture on craigslist, I'm trying to use up the food in my cupboards which has led to some interesting meals. Most successful was a loaf of no knead bread, this recipe always makes me feel like a successful baker. You must try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment