Thursday, September 15, 2011

News

I have some exciting and scary changes (and no, I'm not pregnant nor engaged).
I have....
....
....
....

Deferred graduate school for a year.

Put in my two weeks notice at my job (today!).

Not renewed my apartment lease and must move out at the end of this month.

I'm hitting the road for several months (2? 6? 9?) of travel and I couldn't be more excited (and of course slightly terrified).
Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy to quit a job in this economy, to opt out of graduate school when so many are trying to get accepted, give up my apartment and my security. And yet, all signs point to "yes, do this!" It is hard to live in the moment and not stress about the future but I'm at a time in my life where I have no children, no health issues (knock on wood) and no ties. Why not run off and explore the world?

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment