Monday, August 8, 2011

Rainier

My BF and I embarked on yet another road trip recently. We initially planned to drive straight up to Seattle to visit his family, but the urge to avoid the freeway led us to take an extreme detour and pass by both Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier.
Mt. St. Helens
Just woken up
 I really love road trips. I think that's one of the things I love most about the West Coast: plenty of room to roam.
Creepin'  
Surprisingly, this was my first time to Mt. Rainier. I must say, I was blown away. With our late arrival, the park was nearly empty. WE drove up the winding road and the views took my breath away. Wide open sky. Huge looming mountains. River beds washed white from the churning water.
Mt. Ranier National Park


Beauty
I love exploring new places in the Northwest. I've seen so much of it that I have a mental image of the region, with the parts I've been marked out. SOon I want the whole region crossed off of my "to see" list. 

Currently listening:



No comments:

Post a Comment