Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Solo

Y'all, I am sore. Earlier today, I ventured out on a 6 mile solo hike. It was quite an experience to tromp around the desert hills by myself hoping coyotes wouldn't jump out and that I wouldn't lose my way on the nearly unmarked trail. But I made it! And it was stunning!























I drove to the trail head at Sara Park south of Lake Havasu, read the warnings for rattlesnakes (fantastic) and headed on my way.

There were several different trails to choose from, I followed the "blue" path to the top of the hills while enjoying a spectacular view of the valley and the lake I was headed to.






























Not only was this hike exactly what I needed to fill my day but I'm trying to get back in the habit of exercising everyday and this was so much more fun than going for a jog! I was so sedentary in Portland with my office job that I'm really trying to make a commitment to work out ever day. Bonus: my pants might actually fit again. Anyone have any exercise motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment