Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Kiss

You know that moment when you greet someone and you give them the half hug and a kiss on the cheek? I'm not sure about you, but I'm used to starting with a left cheek kiss and than a right cheek kiss. It's just the way it works. Cut to Thanksgiving when I am greeting my sister's husband's parents (that's a mouthful) for the first time in 10 years. Mind you they are from Turkey and speak no english. I stand up to do the little hug/kiss dance and oh dear god, the father and I leaned in the same direction and there was a very near mouth kiss. I die. Never mind the fact that apparently they prefer to do a cheek pressing thing instead of an air kiss and they always start on the right first. So there I am kissing my sorta In-laws on the mouth. SO. AWKWARD....The more you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment