Thursday, December 22, 2011

After staying up for hours on end, lounging in the hospital with my sister, making trips up and down Manhattan, I was beat. My heart ached to leave but I knew it was time to get back to my boyfriend and life after 3 weeks in the city.
After some last minute snuggles, many tears and helping the new family out of the hospital, I flagged a taxi to JFK. Traffic was insane and I ran into the airport 20 minutes before my flight was set to leave. Luckily, I was ushered to the front of security, ran through the terminal and made it just as they were preparing to lock the door. I made it to my seat (passing Jimmy Smits on the way) and set off for one of the least stressful flights of my life. Maybe I'm getting over my fear of flying?
 Good bye, beautiful city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment