Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 8, 2011

After 30 hours of labor and a c-section my little nephew was brought into the world! My sister is amazing and strong and I am so thankful to have been a part of little A's birth.

 I don't have kids and have never been a big kid person, but this little boy stole my heart. It's a feeling I've never experienced to hold someone who just came into the world and feel overwhelming unconditional love. I know I'll love him for the rest of my life and that is a powerful thing!
My sister labored both at home and at the hospital with her husband, me and an amazing doula by her side. I drove their car home (after a 4am rush down the Hudson Parkway to the hospital) and crashed for about 4 hours, went back to the hospital and was up for another 20+ hours. We were all exhausted but it was well worth it to be there for my sister and my brother-in-law and to be a part of such a special moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment