Saturday, December 3, 2011

George Washington Bridge

I needed a day off from friends and subways so I decided to do something I've wanted to for years: walk across the George Washington Bridge. I'm staying just a few blocks always with a beautiful view of the Bridge and the Hudson.
I walked around the neighborhood and then made my way across the bridge. Lucky for me the south side was open so I was able to see a stunning view of the city. 

There were lifeline phones in the middle of the bridge which is fantastic but also a sad reminder that people do use the bridge to end their lives. It is daunting to look way down onto the Hudson as the bridge shakes and vibrates from all of the traffic. 

If you want to walk across the south side path start at W 177th and Fort Washington Ave and follow the signs!

No comments:

Post a Comment