Thursday, June 9, 2011

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This outfit felt so happy and light, the skirt is made for spinning and with my good mood I couldn't stop twisting in turning like a whirling dervish. I've always been intrigued with Sufism. I find their spirituality pretty amazing and was stunned by the beautiful whirling dervishes (video) the last time I went to Turkey. They are Rumi's followers and believe the whirling is an act of love. I've always felt a bit of a connection to the Sufi mysticism, even my mom's name is a Sufi one!
On that random note, I am really looking forward to the next few days. I leave in a couple hours for a 5+ hour road trip to the southern coast to my hometown. My mom is graduating from college and I had to be there to help celebrate such an accomplishment. Considering road trips are one of my greatest joys and my hometown is one of the most beautiful coastal spots, it's looking to be a good weekend.
Top-Target
Skirt, belt, bracelet-H&M
Shoes-Ross
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend filled with adventure, I'm hoping for nice weather which means pictures to come on Monday!
Currently listening to:

No comments:

Post a Comment