Monday, May 2, 2011

I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure. - Mark Twain
I am not one to celebrate a death. Any death.
I walked past the World Trade Center grounds everyday for years. The chills never ceased, time after time. So many families and friends left with an empty place at the table and in their heart. I ache for the soldiers and civilians killed and injured, left with a life changed for ever.
I want justice. Peace. Happiness. Equality and safety for all. With Osama no longer in this world, I do not celebrate. I'm not joyful. I am left with hope that there will be peace: a world where it is not necessary to cheer about death. It is with a heavy heart that I face this new day; my heart is with those who now have some closure. Will the world, without such an evil spirt, move towards goodness? I can only hope so.
‎I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate, adding deeper darkness to a night that is already void of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment