Friday, May 27, 2011

your hair, it's everywhere

May 27: Hair care
I was pretty happy to see today's FBFF topic. I love my hair, I love other peoples hair, let's talk about it!

1.      How often do you get your hair cut? 
Not often enough. Two times a year? With long curly hair, I'm not picky about my haircuts and often rely on my mom, boyfriend or even myself to snip some dead ends. On that note, I really should get it cut more frequently.

2.      Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon?
For color, if at all possible, I stick to my dear friend and hair stylist, Tim. He has a salon in my hometown and he and my mom have been close friends since I was a child. I think of Tim more like family than anything. Also, he does AMAZING color. I mean, really really good color for a fraction of the price in most cities. In NYC, I paid hundreds of dollars for blond highlights, only to walk away feeling horribly self conscious about my white blond streaks. I googled coffee rinses and more to try to remedy the situation. Really terrible and really expensive. I'll stick with Tim, thank you very much.


3.      Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color?
I do, 3-4 times a year. When Tim does my hair, he does a partial blond and brown weave. I like a more natural look and therefore don't do a single processed color. My natural color is dark brown with some reddish tint and blond highlights. In the summer, it gets much lighter. I just like to help it along and add more blond. It really is fun!
4.      The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is:
I know I should say conditioner, but honestly, I don't like my hair post wash. It's more frizzy than curly. Honestly, the thing that makes my hair look best? Swimming. Seriously, post swimming hair is like the best thing imaginable for this curly head. When I go swimming my curls get really tight and bouncy. I guess I should have lived in the 80's, the bigger the hair the better.
Favorite color, lots of curls
5.      What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock?
Bangs. I would love to have bangs and I love curly haired Delightfully Tacky's bangs but know I'm far too low maintenance to keep them looking good. However, I am not complaining, I love my hair and consider it one of my best assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment