Monday, March 28, 2011

Married to Amazement

A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world.” John le Carre
Friends, I had a day. A day that left me yearning for open roads and free days. I maintain that it goes against human nature to sit all day working in front of a computer. Lights burning one's eyes and waist line slowly expanding. I think people are built to run and walk and move and laugh and many jobs discourage this, therefore wearing away one's spirit day by day.
I hate to let a job rule my emotions and yet, it is a hard battle to win. I work 8-5, five days a week and it gets to me. I know we all have struggles and bad days and today was mine. Maybe it's spring fever, maybe it's the old "grass is greener" complex, but I'm looking to run free!
still stuck with my web cam: obviously

Ok, time to shake myself out of this funk! In the hopes of feeling more light hearted than I felt, I wore one of my favorite dresses. I love love love the lavender color and it couldn't be more comfortable. This is my go-to "feel fantastic" work outfit.
Dress-Nordstrom Rack
Cardigan-Old Navy
Belt-Forever 21
Leggings-NY&Co
Boots-Miz Mooz
Scarf-NYC street vendor
 I work in a very cold office, making a scarf and cardigan my everyday uniform. I added the little thin belt to emphasize my waistline that threatened to get lost in this flowy dress.
Maybe part of my mood has to do with my boy being away on his own fabulous adventure. He's riding his motorcycle up the west coast, camping on cliffs along the way. I speak to him everyday relishing every little detail in order to tide me over until it's my turn! Just thinking about my next adventure has lifted my mood considerably. What are your feel good tricks when things start to bring you down?
When it’s over, I want to say: All my life I was a bride married to amazement.” Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment