Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Way to Work

Before I go any further I wanted to share with you all a video about the organization I used to work for when I lived in New York. Watching it this morning made me miss my students and my work with them so much. As cliched as it may sound, seeing their success was one of the most gratifying experiences in my life. It was an emotional and stressful position, but so full of rewards. I couldn't be more proud of my former student, Amber. Please watch!
And now the awkward segue from social services to my daily outfit ;) This is something I typically wear to my current job. There are children at times at my job so a modest attire is expected. Nothing low cut, high cut or jeans. It's hard to adjust to this dresscode, but I've managed to add a little color here and there.
Now that I think about it, maybe it isn't the most awkward segue. When I was a case manager one of my main roles was to act as a guide and role model as my students prepared to enter the workforce for the first time. I emphasised appropriate work wear and behavior as well as body language. This modest outfit would have worked in that setting as well to show an appropriate way to dress for a job.
Cardigan-Target
Belt-Anthropologie (thanks, sis!)
Skirt-Target
Shirt-Gap
Tights-H&M
Flats-Blowfish

No comments:

Post a Comment