Friday, March 4, 2011

Pick a Direction And Go

There are times, few and far between, when I ache for New York.  I don't regret moving but before I can catch it, I find myself missing the speed in the city.  The feeling of being in the middle of it all; how can you have regrets when you are living in the best city in the world? There's a feeling when you live in New York that you can't go anywhere but down after leaving. Recently, I found something I wrote this past fall when I was in Arizona and I thought I'd share. I remember the pictures I took that day and honestly fell that if it were socially acceptable to wear the same outfit everyday, this would be it. I love the motorcycle feel and it's the look that I feel 100% comfortable in.
Taken from  my journal this fall:
When I'm on the back of the bike, the sun beating down and the desert all around; it's times like this that I long to be flying down Broadway to the end of the island.  Weaving in and out of traffic with the enormous great beasts rising up around me.  Cruising through Times Square on the back of a bike is invigorating.  You can watch the world go by and know that you are really living in the center of it all. Ride after ride, I never tired of seeing the skyline and all the activity rushing around.
Boots-Frye
Jeans-H&M
Cardigan-H&M
Jacket-Nicole Miller
Scarf-Gift
Shades-NYC Street Vendor

Tonight, we  rode up Bison Drive in search of a dirt road that supposedly led to waterfalls.We drove up the gravel road but couldn't make it far on the bike.  The gravel was deep and the rocks large, a blown tire or falling was imminent. So we stopped to enjoy the view and snap some pictures and turned around to do it all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment